Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:53:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vn subsystem

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > > hrm, not really there was some traffic on the lists a few weeks/months
> > > back about it being broken, but that's all i know.
> >
> > Erm, wonderful.  Can we have some commentary from someone who's
> > actually proven this either way now?  Like I said, my own usage of the
> > vn driver has not shown any such instability.  If someone who's
> > _actually used it_ can now comment on its instability, we'll get a lot
> > further.
>
> I was using it on 2.2.5 recently and managed to cause a reboot a couple of

I'm using it on regular basis on (relatively) fresh -current. I had one
panic a few days ago. I did something stupid then which I don't remember
exactly (something like truncating the file which was vnconfig'd), but it
*did* panic. It was obviously my mistake, but if you feel it shouldn't
lead to panic, I'll try to repeat it and send a stack trace...

Andrzej Bialecki