Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:27:20 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mullaney" <thomas@pepperell.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: TRADEMARKS: WestPoint Stevens & WestPoint-Pepperell

If you have a shell account on SHELL.PEPPERELL.NET, and many of you on the
FREEBSD-ISP list do, due to a trademark on my home town's name of Pepperell my
domain name will be changing to MULLANEY.ORG.

I can't believe that a company that makes towls, blankets, and bedsheets can
trademark my town name and then get the internic to threaten to place on hold
every domain name that has the word pepperell in it, including pepperell.com
(registered about 3 years ago), pepperell.org and mine -- pepperell.net, but
the internic sent the letter and I just dont have the $1000 dollars to risk on
a boneheaded judge or a scum-sucking pig lawyer.  (No offense to the laywers on
this list though, if you use FreeBSD you can be a scum-sucker, linux on the
other hand....well nevermind) <GRIN>

Email me in private unless you think it can help the other ISP's on the list.

--
Thomas Mullaney                                  email: thomas@mullaney.org
978/597-0158 (Voice)                               icq: 46055129