Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:25:57 +0200
To:        <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CNET 100Mbit

Hi all,

I am currently doing some tests on the CNET PowerNIC CN100TX(e) using
FreeBSD 2.2.5

During installation, the network card is detected and allows me to
configure it as well, giving the NIC an IP address, host, domain etc...

After booting up from installation, I tried to make a ping on a known IP
address but the response was always that the host was down. I tried other
IP addresses but still the same. The funny thing is that if I try to ping
the IP of the machine itself, it will work.

Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced the same problem ?

Regards,
Nicholas Aquilina