Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 02:50:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Michael O. Boev" <mike@tric.tomsk.gov.ru>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/46961: bridging between vlan-interfaces on same trunk interface does not work

The following reply was made to PR kern/46961; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Michael O. Boev" <mike@tric.tomsk.gov.ru>
To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>, <c@tix.at>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:48:26 +0600

 Hi!

 Just as a follow-up, I have an exactly-same-looking problem with
 a MUCH-MUCH simpler configuration

 ifconfig vlan0 vlan 1 vlandev fxp0
 sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=vlan0,fxp1
 sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=1

 Again, the arp responses coming from one iface don't get passed to the
 other.
 It looks as if bridging doesn't work with vlans.
 (although, bridging between fxp0 and fxp1 works perfextly).

 The versions of kernel I've tried are 4.6.2, 4.7, 5.0.

 Hope this helps...

 Mike Boev.