Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 21:14:51 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@mainelink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User PPP  & dev/tun

Hi all.

I'm trying to setup user ppp on my 2.0r box!
I added the pseudo-device tun to my config file, It compiles fine!
Tried to add the tun0 dev entry!
MAKEDEV has no capabilities to make this device!

I also noticed that it states in the handbook sec 11.1 that it wasn't
introduced untill 2.0.5..

Does this mean that I'm outta luck?
How hard/much work would it be to implement it?

I know I should upgrade. And I want to! except:
1) I only have a dialup connection, I imagine I would tic somebody
   off if I downloaded the source tree.. Although the thought has
   crossed my mind.. :)
2) I don't want to buy 2.1 just to have 2.2 come out a week later.. :)
   I'll wait and buy the 2.2 CD..

Thanks
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848