Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 21:10:34 -0400
From:      StevenR362@aol.com
To:        nwestfal@silicon.csci.csusb.edu, imp@village.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Slip over telnet

>There is a new alternative to TIA, and it's free.  It also comes with
>source, in fact the author states that he took the TCP/IP code from >the
>FreeBSD 2.0R sources.

>The program is called slirp, and it seems to work better than TIA, at
>least for me.  It is still alpha.  It supports port redirection, and
>the author also intends to add PPP support.

>You can ftp SLiRP updates and patches from
                ftp://blitzen.canberra.edu.au/pub/slirp
                ftp://freedom.wit.com/misc4/danjo/SLiRP

        I've tried 0.9a and it was a little rough around the edges.
Telnet worked fine but ftp was somewhat broken.  I am going to
give 0.9b a try and see if it has fixed this.  Once this program
has gone thru a few quick iterations I'm hoping to be able to run
Netscape at home over my dialup university shell account.

Way cool! and it's free with source.

Steve