Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:45:50 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very disturbing boot block problems..

In message <96Sep23.122335pdt.177476@crevenia.parc.xerox.com>, Bill Fenner writ
es:
>>So does this mean you'll look at the boot code? ;-)
>
>Unfortunately, no.  But I'll try to replicate it and then submit a detailed
>PR so that we have something to remind us about the problem...

I have been very far down this road a couple of times, and unless somebody
has messed up our bootblocks, this invariably has been a valid message.

Remember that FreeBSD may not get the Geometry right all the time, so
just because disklabel says that your root partition is below 1024
doesn't actually guarantee that is so...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.