Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 08:05:01 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Video stuff...

> Walking around Fry's in Palo Alto, Ca., saw a cool demostration of Jazz
> Jakarta put out by Jazz Multimedia located in Santa Clara, Ca. (408) ???
> It has an mpeg option and the ability to display an NTSC signal on your
> VGA or just put out an NTSC siginal.  The video output on the VGA looks almos
> as good as the display on the TV. Going to try to contact them tomorrow to se
> if they are Net friendly.

Let us know!  A number of people are actually working on video support
for X and FreeBSD (I have a Diamond Viper Pro Video card just waiting
for X Inside to support it with their video extension! :-) and this is
an area that's really hotting up.  Much interest.

> Virtual I/O are going to be demoing their Head Mounted Display (HMD)
> tomorrow and Saturday at Fry's in Palo Alto. I am going to check them
> out :)

Heh..  I have some dealings with them too, but I have to keep that
little bit of information under wraps until I can actually forward the
press release to this group telling folks how they can run networked
VR under FreeBSD! :-) [one of my little side-projects, and how I spent
my last weekend!]

						Jordan