Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 17:17:46 -0500
From:      Matthew Fuller <fullermd@linkfast.net>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>, Peter van Dijk <petervd@vuurwerk.nl>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: envy.vuurwerk.nl daily run output

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 04:42:54PM -0500, a little birdie told me
that Mike Silbersack remarked

> See, I'm not sure that authorized_keys are user files, as they perform the
> same function that system passwords do.  And since ssh is now part of the
> base system, they should be considered equal in importance to the password
> file.

Well, consider that authorized_keys files perform the same function as
.rhosts.  Would you propose doing the same for them?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@linkfast.net