Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 02:24:41 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   XFree86 4.2 in FreeBSD 4.6?

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E

  I would like to encourage -STABLE users to try out the recent 5.0
DP1 release on a spare machine if at all possible.  One of the major
components of this release is integrated XFree86 4.2 support in
sysinstall and the third party packages.  Initial reports have been
very positive, and I would like to see this merged to -STABLE for
FreeBSD 4.6 if there are no major issues.  David Malone has some
patches for FreeBSD's MTRR code that are necessary on some hardware.
If you are able, please test out DP1 and let re@FreeBSD.org know how
this works for you.

     Thanks,

	- Murray

P.S. If you don't want to download the ISO, you can purchase one from
FreeBSD Mall : http://www.freebsdmall.com

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E--