Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:41:05 -0700
From:      steve ellis <shellis@fda.net>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   my /stand/sysinstall problem

First, let me state that I'm a rank FreeBSD amateur who
has been using FreeBSD every day for only about 4 years.
I seldom, if ever use any other O.S. But I still am more of a
newbie.

Ysterday, upgraded my 4.3 to 4.5, and then 4.6.
/st*/sy* worked perfectly on Distributions, but dumped
on Packages.

My solution:
I had a /st*/sy* on a 4.5 on the network. I ftp'd it over to
/stand on the 4.6, did a chmod 777 on sysinstall, and it now
works perfectly.

As you can see, my technique stinks. But,
for other newbies who don't upgrade regularly, the problem
still exists.

Is this sysinstall prob documented anywhere?

This is NOT a complaint. Simply an observation.  And,
perhaps, a bit wrong-headed.

THANKS FOR A GREAT O.S.

Steve Ellis