Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:55:20 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Accidentally Discovered Spam Stopper

On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 11:03:01PM -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> I found a cool way to minimize the annoyance that spam causes and it
> requires minimal leg work. I haven't had spam in any of my "good"
> mailboxes for a long time and it is purely by accident.
>
> My procmail recipes filter all of my mail to my ~/mail/Inbox' mailbox (and
> a few other places) with a ^TO jcwells@u\.washington\.edu. Any remaining
> mail that doesn't get filtered and goes to '/var/mail'.

If you're already using procmail and want a spam stopper, you might
try <http://www.pobox.com/~gsutter/junkfilter/>.  s' pretty good; it
catches 95% of my spam.  Course, I wrote it, so it's probably a
little better for me than it is for others.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                 Bureaucrats cut red tape -- lengthwise.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com