Date:      Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:29:11 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing the NAT IP on demand?

Leo Bicknell wrote:

>Now, NAT would be required.  What I want to do is write an external
>application to decide the performance of ISP #1 and ISP#2, and
>somehow tell NAT which outside address to use.

Depends on how much money you have, but had you considered getting your
own address range and BGP peering with your ISPs? I'd consider talking
to them about it. It'll take some time to setup, but it means your
"switching" is done at the router, not at the NAT box, which is the
wrong place to do it anyway.

--
Paul Robinson