Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:38:46 +0200
From:      "Hans F. Nordhaug" <Hans.F.Nordhaug@hiMolde.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   daemonology.net instructions - binary upgrade 5.3 to 6.1

At daemonology.net Colin Percival has some excellent instructions on
how to do binary upgrades - he has even written a script to do a 6.0
to 6.1 upgrade. My question is: Can I do a 5.3 to 6.1 upgrade using
the instructions for "5.4 system to FreeBSD 6.0" - see
http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-upgrade-5.4-to-6.0/
Or, should I upgrade 5.3 to 6.0 and finally use the script to
get from 6.0 to 6.1? I assume the former, but just want to be sure.

Hans

PS! Yes, I probably could have asked Colin directly, but I assume this
question is relevant for other 5.3 users too.