Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 07:05:41 +0100
From:      Daniel Haischt <danielh@privat.toplink.de>
To:        Iani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net>
Cc:        database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle 8.0.5

Iani Brankov wrote:

> You must enable linux emulation.
> Try enabling it in /etc/rc.conf.
> If you use version < 2.2 you have to recompile the kernel with Linux option
> (see LINT)

Linux emulation is allways enabled in my rc.conf file.
Currently I'm using FreeBSD version 2.2.7 so I guess there's no need to
recompile the kernel ...

> Additionally you must install package linux_lib-2.6.
> These are linux libraries needed for starting linux binaries.

Same as above - linux_lib-2.6 is allways installed on my system.

> And if you use freebsd compiled in elf - you need brandelf command to mark
> these
> linux elf binaries exactly as Linux ones.

Can u explain that a little more exactly - I'm not very familier with
ELF though ...

> I tried oracle 8.0.5, but I couldn't make it run properly.
> After the initial messages almost all the binaries coredumped.
>
> If you find the reason - let me know.
>
> --ian

Best Regards

Daniel Haischt