Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 06:30:55 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Charles F. Dillon" <charlesdillon@yahoo.com>, "Dominic Hillenbrand" <I-C-H@mail.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hi

Dominic's posting is a bit vague, but it sounds quite similar to the problem
I encountered a week ago ..... assuming it is in fact the same thing,  the
solution is far from obvious, and is something I intend to post to the docs
list shortly.

I believe the problem is the rather terse description provided in the ReadMe
of how to use the ISO image to make a usable CD. If one simply follows
instructions to_the_letter the result is a CD containing only the original
ISO image, and once the system starts looking for files on the CD it
responds with a message to the effect that .... "can't find the CD". The
fact is that the ONLY CD copy application with a halfway intelligible
explanation of burning the ISO image to CD is Adaptec Easy CD Creator, and
its only compatible with Win9x & WinNT4 (not with Win2000 or any *nix). Now
before someone starts jumping up & down about CDRWIN / various unix CD copy
applications etc ... they may well be capable of doing the job, but without
an explicit explanation they are  totally useless to the average newbie