Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:06:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Saylor <jsaylor@mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAKEDEV snd0 wrecks audio

Hi

I have a create PCI128 that was working great but is now hosed. CDs play
[via the soundcard] but not mp3s. When I try to play one, all I get is a
console message:
pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

I think the change came when I ran
MAKEDEV snd0
while trying to get some midi stuff to work. I haven't added any new
hardware.

This is some information about my system that may help.

js@ernie:~
6 $ cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Dec 12 2001 12:35:30
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative CT5880-A> at io 0xdc00 irq 5 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)
js@ernie:~
7 $ uname -a
FreeBSD ernie.46high.private 4.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE #2: Wed Dec 12
12:36:03 EST 2001     root@ernie.46high.private:/usr/src/sys/compile/ERNIE i386

Also, does anyone know what the 'correct' devices [nodes] should be
in /dev for the pcm0 device?

Thanks.

--
\js