Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:40:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Jonas Olsson <ljo@mcs.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ljo@mcs.net
Subject:   Working, multi-threaded LDAP(slapd)?

 I've been trying to use slapd (stand-alone LDAP daemon) from
ports/net/ldap on FreeBSD current. It goes into a loop (there is a PR
about this). It also seems that there is no multi-threading support
enabled in the port.
 As there has been substantial discussion here about using LDAP for
administration does anyone have a working version?
 I was planning to use slapd with imapd and ipopd as mail server for
netscape, eudora, and outlook express clients. Has anyone used slapd
as directory server for email clients? Seems like a good topic for a
section/article in handbook or newsletter.

Jonas Olsson