Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:15:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au (Stephen Hocking)
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot interactively restore from a multivolume dump

As Stephen Hocking wrote:

> Don't know - I tried dumping again (this time making sure that the
fs was unmounted, last time it was just quiescent) and then
interactively restoring gain. I took note of where the inodes started
from for each tape (I love the scrollback on xterm) and when I did the
interactive restore, chose the tape dependent on the inode of each
file, as shown by the directory on tape 1 and extracted. It still said
"resyncing on restore, skipped 33 blocks" but found the files OK. Wish
I knew why it was resyncing - I'll probably dive in with a debugger
one of these days.

(Hmm, this was a mammut line. :-)

I usually write down the starting i-node numbers, too.

And i generally see the `resync' messages, but i didn't care by now.
It always worked as expected.

--
cheers, J"org