Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:33:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Thomas P. Holmes [ Systems ]" <tholmes@thebiz.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disk slices

Yes my box boots and I was able to recompile the kernel.

The df through me when I saw

da0a
da0e

and not

da0s1a
da0s1e

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:25:47PM -0500, Thomas P. Holmes [ Systems ] wrote:
>
> > I've searched the archieve but I'm not 100% sure so I thought I would ask.
> >
> > I just did a fresh install of 4.4-Release throught the net using the
> > floppy boot disks.  When the drive was partitioned is created:
> >
> > /dev/da0a /
> > /dev/da0b swap
> > /dev/da0e /var
> > /dev/da0f /usr
> >
> > Now I have a 4.3-RElease machine that I made world on to upgrade to
> > 4.4-release and that is partitioned
> >
> > /dev/da0s1a /
> > /dev/da0s1b swap
> > /dev/da0s1e /var
> > /dev/da0s1f /usr
> >
> > Did the "slicing" change from 4.3 to 4.4?
> >
> > So this is the message I found that was some what related, I just wanted
> > to double check before I try to put this box into production.
>
> The mail from Drew explains why Theo's box did not want to boot.
> Does your box boot?

> --
> |   / o / /_  _   		email: 	wilko@FreeBSD.org
> |/|/ / / /(  (_)  Bulte		Arnhem, The Netherlands

________________ http://www.BiznessOnline.com ________________

 Thomas Holmes                    Bizness Online
 Unix Systems Engineer	          Suite 1801
 tholmes@thebiz.net		  11 North Pearl St.
 (518) 533-6522	                  Albany, NY, 12207