Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:14:15 +0100
From:      Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New OC3 ATM driver

Le Mercredi 22 Janvier 2003 22:12, Matthew N. Dodd a écrit :
> This driver is based on the IDT Nicstar driver by Richard Hodges; I'll do
> some diffs and see if there is anything we need from it but we should
> already support the IDT chips in -CURRENT.

However, the Richard Hodges' IDT driver only supports the old IDT 77211
Nicstar that is not produced anymore by IDT. Only ATM boards with the 77254
SAR IDT can be found. Moreover they have more features.

According to me, both SAR cannot be supported by a same driver because there
are too much differences between the two in order to be integrated within the
same driver.

Regards,
  Vincent