Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:15:24 +0000
From:      "B. K. Minazzi" <bminazzi@denverweb.net>
To:        Bob K <melange@yip.org>, FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.org

Bob K wrote:

> Given the number of incorrect subscription requests I see on -stable,
> perhaps the subscription information on the webpages/docs/welcome message
> could include a link which would look like this:
>
> mailto:majordomo@freebsd.org?body=subscribe%20freebsd-stable
>
> which would hopefully cut down on it?  This could also be modified for the
> other lists, as I'm sure they suffer from the same problem.

Dont overlook the link to the freebsd-stable list, right there on the
page where it tells you how to subscribe...

If your reading/skimming, and click there, you dont see the send mail to
majordomo stuff....  I will lay odds that is what causes 90% of these
messages.

I know I made the same mistake... and then a few seconds later realized
it.

CLICK HERE! ( really somewhere else )   The link to -Stable in the "How
to subscribe" is either Gary Larson "Midvale School for the Gifted"
humor or a big Brain Fart.

Blaine