Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 22:13:04 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reiser: BSD cliques

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:09:18AM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:

> But not one of them made it into the kernel. Neither were
> they rejected based on some technical reasoning. I found
> that this was not true in some of the less "core" areas.
> Several of my contributions to -ports were accepted and
> PRs actively worked on.
>
> I personally think that it is more due to indifference
> than xenophobia.

I would not call it indifference when it comes to my submissions.
I've been using FreeBSD since September 1999, and several send-pr's of mine
were commited by all those friendly folk up there.

But what was truly amazing was the conversation and chatting, and the
discussion of what I once proposed as a crontab entry for periodic
daily/weekly/monthly, which was tested and tested again by so many people that
we eventually found all its majestic flaws.

This very spirit of actually discussing what you have to propose was what won
me for FreeBSD.  Big time :)

It seems to me that its rather subjective what one feels about the developers
of FreeBSD.  And we all have our opinions based on our prior experience.
All I can say is that at least *I* (and I can only talk about me) am very
impressed about the way FreeBSD is developed, and this is one of the major
reasons that I stick to it.

--giorgos