Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:59:07 +0000
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another laptop problem -- audio

Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

> >From dmesg:
>
> pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro-2E> port 0xf800-0xf8ff irq 10 at device 8.0 on pci0
>
> But trying to access it fails:
>
>         cat: /dev/audio0: Device busy
>
> Any ideas?

The same here. Dell Inspiron 5000, CURRENT of ~ 5 January, GNOME.
It doesn't depend whether esound is on, standby or off.
It doesn't play GNOME (.wav) sounds for a few month (before I thougt It
was a GNOME
problem). But it plays xmms MP3's via esound just fine, as well as
RealAudio
directly.

I found nothing in the mailing list archives.

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road