Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:29:34 -0700
From:      Sidney Brooks <sidneybrooks@vtc.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Several questions

I have played with linux fo several years, but just tried Free BSD.

1.When I installed BSD, I selected KDE, Gnome, and Enlightenment with KDE as my default. It worked well until as root, I tried "startx enlightenment", which got me into
enlightenment. Now whenever, I type startx as root, I get enlightenment instead of kde. As a user, I still get KDE. Is there any way to reverse what I have done?

2. I have a new computer with an S3G Graphics Inc, Pro Savage video card. When I do XF86Setup, any S3 driver gives me a sceen with elements so big that I can't
even accept the result. This leaves me with Generic VGA, which works but does not fit the window on my computer screen very well. I have used xvidtune, but cannot
get a combination that really fits. Any suggestions.

3. In my first attempt to install BSD, I tried to use the BSD boot loader. It recognized my BSD and Windows partitions, but not my linux partition. I am now using lilo for all
three. I assume that what happened is because my hard disk is too big. Am I right?

4. Since I have a big disk, I tried to load everything, but eventually the installation process froze. I then installed average user with X. Have others had this problem?