Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:31:21 +0100
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1045175542.b3f403@mired.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fixit disk documentation

Excellent.  So many people talk about writing good docs, but you've done =
it.

The only quibble I have is that is seems more like a handbook topic than =
a FAQ=20
entry.  Especially as it grows.  It could eventually be expanded to a ful=
ler=20
list of sources of general disk recovery information.

> I'm not sure this is the right place to put the information,
> but I couldn't see any better place."

How about section 12 of the handbook.  I think the best option would be t=
o=20
place a short bit in the FAQ and point to the handbook doc.  The storage=20
section seems an appropriate place given reiterating the need for good=20
backups. =20
Just my $.02

Tim

P.S.  A similiar entry summarizing the answers to "I just deleted all of.=
=2E. =20
how do I get it back?"  Seems very useful.  I'm willing to write that thi=
s=20
weekend if someone else is willing to mark it up.