Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:16:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Richardson <drr@washington.edu>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XFree86 & kern.securelevel > 0 incompatible?

With a fresh 4.1.1 install, I can't seem to get X working if the
kern.securelevel is set greater than 0. The server fails with an
xf86OpenConsole: KDENABIO error. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about
this. It works fine if securelevel is <= 0.

Are there any workarounds other than leaving securelevel at -1? Any
pointers to more information on actions blocked by securelevel settings
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

 - David