Date:      14 Oct 2002 12:00:41 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Klaffenb=F6ck?= <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sane and gimp-devel?

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 04:34, Martin Klaffenb=F6ck wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I tryed to install sane-frontends and xsane with a gimp plugin for
> gimp-devel (1.3.9)  but that does not work here.  Oo both ports I get
> the message GIMP plugin disabled.
>=20
> Maybe the configure script checks for gimp 1.2 and not for 1.3?
> Are there differences in the plugin system in gimp between 1.2 and 1.3?=20

I'd have to guess that there are.  They depend on different versions of
GTK.

> Does anyone know what we can do that WITH_GIMP=3Dyes also works for
> gimp-devel in the sane frontend and xsane port?

I don't think it will work.  The APIs are most likely not backwards
compatible from gimp.  I can't really make a formal statement, though,
since I don't use sane.  You might want to contact either the sane or
gimp authors.  Check http://www.gimp.org/mailing_list.html for the
mailing lists.

Joe

>=20
> Martin
> --=20
> Martin Klaffenb=F6ck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20
--=20