Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:04:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, pechter@shell.monmouth.com
Subject:   Re: ielem in chio

Daniel O'Connor wrote...

> On 29-Oct-98 Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> >  We may have another snapshot out before too long.  (don't expect it before
> >  this weekend, though.)
> Wohoo.. Any fixes for the shared memory problems coming up by chance? :)

Well, at least on -current, I've been able to fix the problem by limiting
the number of sectors that cdda2wav reads.  (25 blocks seems to work well)

It looks like there's some sort of corruption problem when the transfer
sizes through the passthrough driver are between 64K and 128K.  (My guess
is some sort of VM problem.)

I meant to say something about this a few days ago, but I forgot.

I'm curious to see whether that (limiting the number of sectors read at a
time) will fix the problems you've been having under -stable with cdda2wav.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com