Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:47:10 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "'Paulo Fragoso'" <paulo@nlink.com.br>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: qmail + anti-virus + anti-spam

Paulo,

You don't say how many messages you're actually pumping through your
system, but hopefully, a description of my setup will help you figure
out what you need.

My SMTP server is a PIII/933 with 512mb RAM.

I have 3 instances of qmail-smtpd running:
  Outbound - virus scan
  Outbound - no virus scan
  Incoming - virus scan and RBL

Local delivery is to an NFS mount.

Qmail is patched with the qmail-queue patch, which allows for virus
scanning as soon as the message enters the system.  I'm using
qmail-scanner-queue with NAI's AV.

For blocking spam/junk mail, we're using rblsmtpd (part of ucspi-tcp)
against RBL+, orbz, and our own list.

Daily, we have over 17,000 messages coming in, and about 4600 going out.
My mail server never experiences a very high load.

HTH,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks