Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 11:57:36 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        eagle <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy web pages

On Sat, 08 May 1999 at 16:25:17 -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> On Sat, 8 May 1999, eagle wrote:
> > I was waiting for somebody else to respond to this, the main
> > reason that the advocacy site is not included in the main
> > repository, Is that the design goals of the site, tend to break
> > the concept of mirrors.
>
> What magic does this site do that would wreck the possibility of
> mirrors?

Well, once the backend is finished, alot of the HTML (the gallery, the
user groups list, etc.) will be generated on-the-fly by various
scripts, etc., from a database.  I don't know how many people would
want to have postgres installed along w/apache-php3 to mirror the
FreeBSD site if it was part of the main cvs tree.

--
Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@blues.ghis.net    ,-._|\  FreeBSD
work: Global Hosting Inet Svcs  http://www.ghis.net/ /      \ The