Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:23:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        Joey Garcia <gummibear@we.mediaone.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tech News Sites Need BSD Education

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Phil Regnauld wrote:

> Joey Garcia writes:
> >
> > I'm thinking of submitting a "Unix History" article emphasizing the birth
> > of BSD and evolution of BSD up to the presetnt open projects such as
> > FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD.  Through all it's good times and bad times,
> > mentioning all the great software that came about the BSD project and from
> > the CSRG.
>
> 	Kirk McKusick made an excellent (and entertaining as hell) presentation
> 	at the last USENIX conf.  Someone here already asked if there has been
> 	a transcript of this -- anyone ?  This is a very good way to start.

Pat Lynch is writing up an article on Kirks talk for Daemon News.  I'll
have to nudge him to get it finished.

> > But, I need your help.  Anyone willing to help me with this project?
> > Anyone willing to send their reviews?  Also, it seems that they advertise
> > for free there.  I'm wondering if we can put banners on their site.  I'll
> > have to look more into that.
>
> 	See what the Daemonnews.org (C. Coleman)  people have done already -- maybe you can work
> 	out something with them.

I have been trying to put together a daily.daemonnews.org site for some
time.  I just need to get everything organized...

Chris Coleman
Daemon News Editor in Chief
http://www.daemonnews.org
Bringing BSD together