Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:06:38 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen), Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: just discovered the app bgrot - this is cool

On Sunday 06 January 2002 01:39 pm, Gary W. Swearingen banged out on the =
keys:
> Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org> writes:
> > Could it be that something like this, called FvwmBacker, comes with f=
vwm2
> > right out of the box? ;-)
>
> Yes, but (as far as I could see in a quick look at the man page) it
> only changes images at "desktop" and "page" switches, not periodically,
> as "bgrot" apparently does.

In the conf file for bgrot you set the time in seconds to display the ima=
ges,=20
it then rotates through the image directory, picking them out at random,=20
changing at the set interval.
The default display type is tiled, but that is easily changed in the conf=
=20
file also, I set mine to centered, looks much better that way, for larger=
=20
images. (This is not documented.)
--
Chip

--=20
Windows 95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patc=
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.