Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:51:33 -0700
From:      Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_one2many usage

On Monday 06 August 2001 12:25 pm, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com wrote:
> > Nope, nor does it work when I change it to dc0 (which there is a device
> > called dc0, but I though that was too confusing).
> >
> > - JimP

> What you are saying is:
> "tell teh node called "trnk0:" (so it had better already exist)
> to make a peer of type one2many. Attachi ti to trnk0: using a hook
> called upper and to the new node on a hook called "one".
>

> If you don't already have a node called "trnk0:" then this must fail.
>
> it's very hard to see what you are doing wrong when I can't
> see what the graph you are trying to make looks like..

Ok, what I am trying to do is to follow the example on the
ng_one2many man page to create a network interface that will
aggregate across my dc0 and dc1 interfaces.  No where in the page
does it show you having to setup the other netgraph nodes (which
I was suspecting was the case).

So a shot at this I would need to create some iface nodes called
dc0, dc1 and trnk0?  I do not know what the 'upper' node would
be though.

- JimP

--
--- @(#) $Id: dot.signature,v 1.10 2001/05/17 23:38:49 Jim.Pirzyk Exp $