Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 12:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Adam Shand <larry@spack.org>
To:        "Mark D. Anderson" <mda@discerning.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, <tux172@earthlink.net>
Subject:   Re: 802.11b access points and ranges [ Was: Dell Inspiron 2500 and what 802.11b ]

hey.

> (cc-ing Terry, who wrote a review of the wap11 at
> http://www.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/AccessPointReviews that brings
> up this point, and adam shand who is also on that page :))

as the web master of personaltelco please feel free to add information to
the site if you know something we don't, in fact i'd appreciate it a lot
if you did!.

it's a wiki site which means anyone can edit by clicking the edit button
at the bottom (yes, we have backups/diffs and can revert to old versions
in case of vandalism :-).

actually never mind ... i see that you already have.  thanks! :)

> i have *not* been able to configure it through the wireless side.

terry do you still have your linksys?  can you confirm this?

> linksys seems to have an interesting business model -- destroy every
> market they enter by commoditizing it. works fine as long as they can
> keep bringing out new products. i'd predict their next move will be a
> gigabit ethernet card for <$200.

<laugh> maybe they'll enter the san market soon :)

adam.