Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:30:45 +0900 (JST)
From:      Naoki Hamada <nao@sbl.cl.nec.co.jp>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu, dnelson@emsphone.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Erroneous Ierrs from vx0

Doug White wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Dan Nelson wrote:
>>In the last episode (Jan 22), Doug White said:
>>> I just purchased a 3com Etherlink XL PCI ethenet card and it's working
>>> great on 2.2-BETA, except for one thing:

Note that current support for 3COM Etherlink XL PCI cards are only
experimental because 3COM do not provide their technical
reference. Though they are capable of transfer data in full bus-mastering
mode, the vx0 driver does PIO for now. So their performance is poor
despite their potentially high capability.

- nao