Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:33:18 -0500
From:      garman@earthling.net
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Re: netscape4 weirdness: what is happening here??

Ollivier Robert writes:

> If you look into the mail archives, you'll find that either removing the
> "preferences.js" file from ~/.netscape or adding the following line into
> the "netscape" shell script should fix it.

More simply, every time this happened to me, I found that removing the
line:

user_pref("browser.startup.license_accepted", "1000 4.04");

works.  Why?  I dunno.  Of course it has the side-effect of making you
'accept' the licence agreement again.  But otherwise, no bad effects...

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                     http://garman.home.ml.org/
Student, University of Maryland                        garman@earthling.net