Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 18:42:49 -0600
From:      "Jacob Suter" <jsuter@intrastar.net>
To:        "Michael Dillon" <michael@memra.com>, <iap@vma.cc.nd.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Telcos Owe ISPs Millions

----------
> From: Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
> To: iap@vma.cc.nd.edu
> Cc: freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Telcos Owe ISPs Millions
> Date: Monday, November 11, 1996 3:14 PM
>

> On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Martin G. Bayerle wrote:
>
> > IMPORTANT.  Check your phone bills for your dedicated modem
lines.  If
> > you're paying a "Federal Subscriber Line Charge" (or equivalent)
on your
> > modem lines, you're telephone company owes you money . . .
>
> Do any of you actually pay this charge on your phone bills?

I have been... what gives?  GTE kinda told me "pay it or you kinda
lose your dialtone and we will re-direct your numbers to gte.net"...

So, whats the line of action for this?  What are we calling
"dedicated" anyways?

JS

---
Intrastellar Internet Service - Houston County, Texas
Voice:  (409) 687-9066
http://www.intrastar.net/