Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:03:16 -0700
From:      "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        lgoodbar@ispchannel.com
Subject:   Re: Upgrading X from 3.3.6 to 4

I'm certainly no authority, but when I asked this question a few days ago I
was told that installing over the earlier version is the procedure described
on xfree.org. I tried first deinstalling 3.3.6 but wasn't able to do it
cleanly. So I installed 4.0.3 over 3.3.6 and I've been using it since then
with no problems (And I'm running KDE 2.1.1)

Make sure you update your ports list if you want to get XFree86-4.0.3 and KDE
2.1.1.

M.

PS: I believe that questions like this should be posted on freebsd-questions
and not on freebsd-newbies.

--
Michael O'Henly
TENZO Design