Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:46:54 +0200
From:      "Manuel Kasper" <mk@neon1.net>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Perhaps a new "distribution"?

> would love to be able to use BSD on. I need a bit of user=20
> data space, so I
> think a striped down distro (small enough to fit on, let say,
> 50-100MB) but with full funcionality would be great for me.

Well the only thing I would wish for at the moment is one or two
additional distribution choices in the FreeBSD installer. "Minimal"
takes up about 80 MB at the moment, but includes things you may not need
on a truly minimal system (like e.g. compilers). It would be cool if a
more detailed choice could be made during installation, say up to a
granularity where you can decide whether or not you want Perl, or gcc,
or sendmail, etc. That would render my guide almost obsolete, however.
;)

Greets,

Manuel