Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:37:25 -0800
From:      "Colin Dick" <cdick@ocis.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7 Install on an older Mac Mini

Hi all,
  I have been lurking in this list for a few months now and it seems that the posts cover pretty advanced topics.  Or at
least they seem to be advanced topics to me.  I am wanting to load FreeBSD onto one of these:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP65 (the 1.25GHz model upgraded to 1G of RAM)

  My intention is to replace a larger PC running Linux that is on its last legs with this small machine running FreeBSD
7.  I run a number of FreeBSD servers but all on the i386 platform.  I thought if I could get it to load, the rest would
be the same?
  It seems like I can boot the initial FreeBSD 7 disk and walk through the initial configuration (except for the section
for slicing the drive).  I can pick my partitions etc... however, when install goes to start, the partitions are not
found?  I have read that it has something to do with the location of the boot manager or where the loader is or something?

  I think I am learning now that this concept is not for the faint of heart and that I might be better to just give up
and find a new i386 machine to port my web/mysql/email/dns servers to.  Just looking for some feedback from this forum
what my best options might be.  Does anyone know of another forum, maillist, resource for people who are running
PPCFreeBSD as hosting servers?  Thanks in advance.

--
Colin Dick