Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:51:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Steve <Strange@loop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd on win95

[this belongs on freebsd-questions, not freebsd-doc]

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Steve wrote:

> Hi I was unable to find any information on how to install the
> freeBSD on a win95 system ---- I was wondering how I might do

Read the file entitled INSTALL in the release directory, and find
an ~30k document on www.freebsd.org describing how to use FreeBSD
+ another OS (you won't actually need to digest ~30k on info - in
fact, you might need none of it -- the doc just happens to be
~30k).

> this ---- can I boot the os off of another hard disk? ie ( have
> win95 on c:\) and have Bsd on Physical drive F:\ ?  do you know
> any programs that will allow me to choose between os's or can I
> boot unix from floppy when i need it?  does it have "shell"

BootEasy is the boot manager that FreeBSD normally installs.
There are others, such as LiLo, osbs; OS/2 & NT (??) both come
with one.

You probably don't need to care about this.  Generally, if
booteasy doesn't work, just read the FAQ.

You will not boot UNIX from a floppy, other than the initial
install floppy, which can be used to install or in combo with a
rescue disk.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk