Date:      Wed, 05 Jun 96 08:19:08 PST
From:      "Brett Glass" <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hayes ESP

> Oh, I remember the other thing... The version 1 cards had gross
> specific demands on how fast you could send data to the advanced
> programming registers.

This is probably because they were handled by an 8031 microcontroller,
which can only handle requests so fast if it's to keep up with incoming
data. As I recall, the waits were only required during the setup phase
and not thereafter.

In any event, is the code in -current for the "old" ESP (which I have) or
the new ESP (or ESP-II)?

--Brett