Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:14:09 -0700
From:      "V. Keller" <vkeller@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   isp tutorials/dns, apache setup help?

Hello,
 I am a newbie to freebsd.....have been an NT isp since 84, but am trying
to "step up into the real world" with freebsd. I have a fresh install of
3.2 and don't want screw it up right out of the gate. I did use MetaInfo
for dns back in 94-95, but have been relying on ms dns manager so have lost
most of the real dns setup stuff.  The machine will be a nameserver and
have multiple ip addresses and host multiple virtual domains on it. I've
read thru the Lehey book, but as I'm so new tro the Unix arena, it is a
little difficult for me to pick out some things like tieing multiple ip's
to the network card etc......
 Are there any tutorials,etc....for isp setup of dns,apache,etc? An example
set of all dns files and records and instructions on tying multiplt ip's to
the card would be extremely helpful.
 Also, and advice for a beginner in setting up this stuff correctly. I'd
rather hear of the particulars from you guys (and gals) than plodding thru
and screwing up customers config's!
Thanx for any help,
Vern