Date:      Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:40:17 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        Dan Allen <danallen46@airwired.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI broke going from 8 to 9

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Dan Allen <danallen46@airwired.net> wrote:
> I just upgraded my Dell OptiPlex GX270 from RELENG_8 to RELENG_9. =A0The =
machine no longer boots. =A0However, if I put

> =A0hint.acpi.0.disabled=3D1
>
> in /boot/loader.conf then the machine runs fine. =A0With RELENG_8 the mac=
hine had no loader.conf, and the power button worked on my desktop machine.=
 =A0Now with ACPI disabled my power button does not work. =A0I have found t=
hat the machine hangs at boot during a scan of the PCI bus, but if I disabl=
e that (hw.acpi.disable=3Dpci) then the machine cannot find a boot drive.

> So I have lost functionality that worked fine in BSD 8.
>
> Thoughts? =A0Suggestions?

    Is your Optiplex running the latest BIOS firmware?
Thanks!
-Garrett