Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 10:21:53 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        postmaster <postmaster@dezneland.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: duplicate kde menu icons/files

> postmaster wrote:
>
> I am running freebsd 4.2 and still very much a newbe to this whole
> thing .
>
> I am running kde 2.0
>
> In the k menu I have at least 4 of every Dir. and 4 of every file.

Two possibilities as to the cause" 1) a bug in kappfinder that creates
duplicates under ~/.kde/share/applnk every time you run it. 2) you
installed KDE multiple times, each time failing to uninstall the
original. I'm guessing the first. Try subscribing to the approriate kde
mailing list (at www.kde.org).

david