Date:      17 May 1999 10:39:31 -0500
From:      rand@meridian-enviro.com (Douglas K. Rand)
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with building GENERIC

** Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu> on Sun, 16 May 1999 13:50:28 -0500
** in [problem with building GENERIC] writes:

Stephen> I just CTMed to the latest sources (3.2-STABLE - May 16 1999
Stephen> src-3.0141.gz) when I tried to make the GENERIC kernel by
Stephen> doing

Stephen> I get the message:

Stephen> ioconf.o(.data+0xbf8): undefined reference to `xedriver'

Stephen> I had just done a make world.  My custom kernel build
Stephen> correctly.  But I like to have an up to date GENERIC kernel
Stephen> lying around.

The problem is that the latest sources overwrote
/sys/i386/conf/files.i386 which tells config where to get the source
for the xedriver.  Add back the line:

  i386/isa/if_xe.c      optional        xe      device-driver

to your files.i386 and that should fix it.