Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:43:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        toor@dyson.iquest.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Charles Henrich wrote:

> I ran without any swap for months with no problem :)  Granted I had 128mb on
> my desk, but it worked flawlessly.  Never once had a problem, even with
> intense netscape sessions and other stuff all running at once.  Then again, on
> a real OS like FreeBSD 128MB is alot :)

I have 64MB of RAM, and 200MB of swap.  I always swap while in X.  The
machine is my desktop machine, used for running X and compiling, my ppp
link, and is an NFS server for two other machines.  Usually, I use around
20-30MB of swap for what I consider normal usage.

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com

"You do not greet Death, you punch him in the throat
repeatedly until he drags you away."	--No Fear