Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 22:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Terry Lee <terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AHA-2940 boot prob. 950322-SNAP

Justin,

Just installed 950322-SNAP over 950210-SNAP which was working okay.
Can't boot from 0322 kernel.  Boot sequence:

ahc0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
ahc0: no active SCB for reconnecting target 15, channel B-issuing ABORT
SAVED_TCL == 0x0
ahc0: ahcintr-referenced scb. not valid during seqint 0x71 scb(15)
ahc0: WARNING no command for scb15 (cmdcmplt)
QOUTCNT == 0

then hangs.  ctrl-alt-del gives me a page fault listing.

950210-SNAP booted okay but the kernel I compiled myself had problems.
After a crash or after booting from DOS and going back to BSD, the system
would hang at "ahc0 waiting for scsi devices to settle".  After a reboot
it might get one line farther to something like sychronous 10MB/s then
hang.  I have to boot with the boot disk kernel which boots okay, and
then reboot again to my compiled kernel, then everything is okay.

However, I can't get 950322 to work at all.

Best regards,

Terry

I N T E R N E T        Terry Lee, Technical Director
D E S I G N            745 Stanford Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94306
G R O U P              415 424 0747 voice    415 424-0751 fax
http://www.mall.net    terryl@cs.stanford.edu    http://www.mall.net/terry