Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:28:30 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Page for doc contributors?

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:56:52AM -0400, Eric Ogren wrote:
>  Just had a quick thought and I figured I might as well throw it out into
> public. If you read cvs-all, you know that anybody who submits an accepted
> port is added into the "Additional Contributors" page of the handbook. Is
> there any reason why doc submissions don't get the same treatment?
>  Certainly, adding someone to the list would have to be somewhat
> subjective; after all, I don't think someone just submitting a typo patch
> should be placed on the list, but there are many people who have
> contributed valuable things to the docproj, and it might be nice to
> recognize them.

Generally, I think this is covered in the intro blurb to most sections.  If
someone sends in a patch and doesn't update that section to add their own
name then that's OK, and if they do then that's OK too.

We could just start adding everybody who submits a patch, but as you say,
you either have to include everyone, or start being subjective.  I don't
have a problem with including everyone if someone wants to manage that
section. . .